if you have a windows machine you might hear about how Apple doesn’t have many bugs but unfortunately, us on windows are exposed to all sorts of nasties =\
i get hit every now and then (like twice a year) with something that is just a pain in the butt to deal with. who wants to spend hours fixing something like a virus? ugh . . .
yesterday i was messing around and adding details to this and that in Enclave Harbour and pulled up the task manager and darn it if one of the cpu cores wasn’t maxed out again! last week i had this same issue and did a “deep” uninstall of all my viewers and only installed Imprudence 1.3.2 SSE and all seemed well . . .
so why was one core maxing out again?
i thought i better run Malwarebytes and lo and behold, i had two things (dunno what they are but anything in red must be bad) that it removed and then OCD me went and uninstalled 1.3.2 SSE. then i did a clean install and tested both the SSE and non-SSE version of Imprudence (non-SSE is on the sim-on-a-stick build). the SSE consistently ran my CPU at about 65% with my “spin test” whereas the non-SSE version was about 55%. my spin test is done by setting the viewer to my “normal” settings which are max bandwidth, ultra graphics with a 512 draw distance, and 4x anti-alias. i then stand in the same place for a few minutes to let everything load and then spin. i look at viewer frame rate and the pc’s task manager. it’s not very scientific but it’s easy (see below)
i decided to stick with the non-SSE version of Imprudence 1.3.2 and when i went back to my in-world work, all was right with both of my worlds and the CPU was cool (literally, only 69 C) =)
so keep it clean and run the free Malwarebytes every now and then (i don’t see why i pay for it since it let’s stuff through that it only finds on a manual scan!)